Grey Catbird sings on a Japanese Maple branch. Catbirds have a strange mew sound reminiscent of a cat, but they are in the mockingbird family and can mimic all sorts of songs. They will string together beautiful songs and I love it when a catbird frequents my backyard. This was my inspiration for this gourd.
Pyrography, colored pencil, metallic pigments. Pine needle rim. Weighted bottom.
- Measures 6" wide by 8 1/2" tall
- Made from a real, dried gourd. Gourds, once dried, will last as long as a piece of wood. Be sure to check out the last photo of a gourd growing.
- Not suitable to hold water, but as a vessel could function for a dried arrangement. Meant as a piece of art to look at and enjoy.
- Please display away from direct sunlight. UV protectant sealer is applied to help prevent this, but it should be treated like any piece of valuable art.
- For more details about the process of making gourd art, and a video tour of my studio, click here.
- Signed on the bottom.